Introduction to Biblical Interpretation Workbook
This workbook accompanies the third edition of Introduction to Biblical Interpretation by William W. Klein, Craig L. Blomberg, and Robert L. Hubbard Jr. Following the textbook’s structure, it offers readings, activities, and exercises designed ... +
Release Date 08/22/2017
Stock report as of:
03/24/17 03:23:52 pm
This item is a pre-order and will ship to arrive on or after the release date shown.
Free Economy Shipping on any order you place for $89 or more! Only applies to orders shipped within the Continental U.S.
- Product Details
This workbook accompanies the third edition of Introduction to Biblical Interpretation by William W. Klein, Craig L. Blomberg, and Robert L. Hubbard Jr. Following the textbook’s structure, it offers readings, activities, and exercises designed to teach students how to understand and apply the Bible.
This workbook gives students a chance to get hands-on experience in interpreting biblical texts as they are guided along by insightful questions and pointers from the authors. Ultimately the workbook is designed to get students interacting with the content of the textbook and with the biblical text in a way that helps reinforce classroom learning, while at the same time giving both student and instructor a way to gauge how well the student is learning the material from the textbook.
The third edition of a classic hermeneutics textbook sets forth concise, logical, and practical guidelines for discovering the truth in God’s Word. A valuable tool for readers who desire to understand and apply the Bible, this text:
- Defines and describes hermeneutics, the science of biblical interpretation
- Suggests effective methods to understand the meaning of the biblical text
- Surveys the literary, cultural, social, and historical issues that impact any text
- Evaluates both traditional and modern approaches to Bible interpretation
- Examines the reader’s role as an interpreter of the text and helps identify what the reader brings to the text that could distort its message
- Tackles the problem of how to apply the Bible in valid and significant ways today
- Provides an extensive and revised annotated list of books that readers will find helpful in the practice of biblical interpretation